- The select committee will get set up through the "Business Committee" like normal (or through an informal equivalent if the Biz Cttee hasn't been put together properly yet)
- That means you can also target the people on the Biz Cttee who will influence things like the size and make-up of the Select Committee!
MPs to write to for this (just stick their name above "Parliament Buildings" and it will get to their desk):
- Darren Hughes and Steve Chadwick
- Meteria Turei (we think)
- Nathan Guy and Craig Foss
- Te Ururoa Flavell
- and Lockwood Smith, who as Speaker will chair the Business Committee.
"I'd be inclined to go for the full reduction ad absurdam, and not just 12 MPs on the cttee. Go for 24 or even 30! Make a real circus. In the unlikely event it was that big, a) the Nats would have to turn out en bloc every time to make sure they were not outvoted b) it would take up so much of people's time the focus would be narrow, to get the thing finished. "
So there you go - the latest word from those who know!